Maintaining Long Term Sobriety
During Bridging the Gaps’ Phase III, clients continue to receive full clinical services, but within the context of a transitional living environment. During Phase III, the clients reside in Hamilton House, Bridging the Gaps peer-reviewed sober living environment, or reside in another sober living environment in the community.
Clients experience a return to life outside of treatment and are provided with the ability to therapeutically process daily stresses, interpersonal dynamics, relapse warning signs, and the experience of sober life within the group and individual settings.
The structured transition out of the residential setting supports continued abstinence and provides clients with therapeutic support as they navigate life outside of residential treatment.
BTG’s Phase III provides:
- Full clinical services – including daily group sessions and weekly individual sessions
- An individualized treatment plan to help the client meet employment or educational goals, re-acclimate to life outside of residential treatment, and continue to address their core therapeutic issues
- Continued psycho-education on the core issues associated with the disease of addiction
- Opportunities to implement relapse prevention strategies in the face of actual relapse warning signs
- Accountability for maintaining sobriety through regular urinalysis screens, a peer-review process group, 12 step meetings, and weekend planners
- Structure and support to help navigate real life stressors while maintaining sobriety
- Access to a 24/7 on-call clinician
Upon completing Phase III, clients have the option of transitioning to Phase IV of our treatment continuum. Phase IV, the final transitional phase, provides the client with the opportunity to remain in the sober living environment, begin employment or school, attend our continuing care program, receive a weekly individual session with the client’s primary care counselor, and participate in the weekly peer review session. Phase IV clients are also required to attend daily 12 step meetings, have and be actively working with a sponsor, and maintain a clean and healthy living environment.